Under My Roof version 1.5 is now available for download from the App Store and Mac App Store. This update brings the ability to designate items as container items. Container items are items that can also act as a location, such a bookcase, for instance, can contain books. We’ve also completely overhauled moving boxes and added other highly-requested enhancements, such as the ability to expand and collapse nested locations, categories, and moving boxes.
Full List of Fixes and Enhancements
- You can now add items to another item. Tap or click on the Container Items callout above for more details.
- You can now expand and collapse sub-locations when navigating the Location List.
- You can now expand and collapse sub-categories when navigating the Category List.
- The Moving Boxes List now shows moving boxes hierarchically and supports collapsing and expanding boxes that are stored in other boxes.
- Moving Boxes that are sub-locations of a non-moving box location (and any moving boxes packed inside of those boxes) now appear in the Location List.
- Added a new Unpacking Panel for Moving Boxes. Right click (Mac) or tap and hold (iPhone/iPad) on a box and select Unpack Moving Box.
- Improved Packing Interface for packing items into Moving Boxes.
- Added a Select All/Deselect All button to the Moving Box Move Panel.
- Add a new Moving Box by scanning its barcode. The new box’s Barcode field will automatically be set to the scanned barcode.
- Enabling the new Scanned Barcode As Box Name setting will automatically set the name of a Moving Box added using barcode scanning to that of the scanned barcode.
- The auto-generated Moving Box Name/Number assigned when a new moving box is added will still increment if you add additional text to the name.
- Supplies with their Location set to a Moving Box will now be moved with the box when it is moved to a new home.
- Searching for a Moving Box by scanning its Barcode will search the Name field of each box in addition to the Barcode field.
- The Moving Box Prefix portion of the auto-generated Moving Box name can now be set to no value in Settings, allowing for auto-generated box names with no prefix.
- The number of digits of the Next Moving Box Number value in Settings indicates the minimum number of digits displayed when auto-generating Moving Box names.
- You can now add a photo directly when adding a new Moving Box instead of having to go to the box’s Photos section after the box was added.
- When moving an item to another home, supply entries will be automatically created in the new home, if necessary, if the item’s Maintenance Tasks reference any supplies.
- Sub-Locations and moving boxes that appear in the Item List now include a photo (if available).
- Add a new Component to the Parts & Supplies list for a Repair or Change by scanning its barcode. This option is accessible from the + button in the top right of a Repair View or Change View.
- You can now right click (Mac) or tap and hold (iPhone/iPad) on a sub-location, sub-category, or collection in the Item List to view or edit it directly.
- New Moving Box Item Detail report type for creating reports with the full detail of each item packed in each moving box.
- New Moving Box Item List report type for producing a compact list of items packed in each moving box, along with their values. The box dimensions and weight appear in each item list header when Section Title Pages are not included in the report.
- Added a new Moving Box List report type that generates a simple list of all of your moving boxes, including the dimensions, weight, and value of the items packed in each box.
- The dimensions and weight for moving boxes are now included on section title pages when generating a report.
- Item-based reports organized by Location will now include a breakdown by moving box in the report’s summary.
- Fixed an issue with not including the items in a moving box that is in a sub-location in the totals that appear in above the Item List when browsing the parent location.
- Fixed a bug with adding low supply entries to Reminders under macOS Ventura.
- Fixed an issue with an empty overhang under the Search Bar above the Item List when it is selected under macOS Ventura.
- Fixed a crash that can occur while navigating in Split View mode or in Stage Manager on the iPad.
- Fixed a crash that can occur when using Search in Split View mode of in Stage Manager on the iPad.
- Fixed an issue with the bottom toolbars drawing incorrectly in some cases when navigating in or exiting Split View mode or resizing in Stage Manager on the iPad.
Under My Roof version 1.5 is available through the App Store (iPhone and iPad) and Mac App Store (Mac).