Under My Roof version 1.3.4 is now available for download from the App Store and Mac App Store. This update brings with it one of our most requested features: full inventory search.
We spent a lot of time thinking about this feature. We wanted it to be powerful enough to find what you’re looking for without overwhelming you with a bunch of options. Our original design missed the mark – too many options, making it easy to miss what you’re looking for if you accidentally had the wrong option set. That design never made it out the door, thankfully.
What we ended up with is a simple search box, accessible from the main view, with only two options. You can choose how you want the search to find a match in all the various fields (exact match, match any of the keywords, or match all of the keywords, regardless of order) and you can choose whether to search a specific home or all of your homes.
The real beauty comes in the search results themselves. Under My Roof will organize the results by type (item, location, etc) and tell you which field(s) were matched for each result, even including deeper associations, such as a supply needed for a maintenance task in a given location. You can select a result and view or edit it and then go back to the search results list without having to search again.
Finally, the search feature can also recognize numbers and dates and will search numeric, currency, and date fields as appropriate. You can even enter a date range – two dates separate by three dots (no spaces!) such as:
In this example, Under My Roof will return any entry with date field value in the year 2021. It even works for partial dates!
Full List of Fixes and Enhancements
- Inventory-wide search! Tap or click the magnifying glass icon in the upper-right corner of the Home Area to open the search panel.
- You can now set a date range for Disposed Item List reports.
- Multi-element Policy Coverage Exclusion/Inclusion Lists now show each element on a separate line to improve readability.
- Fixed a bug where re-ordering photos or receipts could result in a crash.
- New Zoom button with various zoom options when viewing a PDF File Attachment. (Mac)
- Use the Command + and Command – key combos to zoom in and out when viewing a PDF File Attachment. (Mac)
Under My Roof version 1.3.4 is available through the App Store (iPhone and iPad) and Mac App Store (Mac).