Organize Information About Your Belongings
Keep important information about the items in your home in one place. Store make, model, serial numbers, purchase price and date, photos, receipts, warranty information (manufacturer’s, extended, and other types of warranties), and much more. Create a list of heirs and assign items to each heir for estate planning. Use the dated notes feature to make notes about modifications and repairs. Attach files, such as digital copies of owner’s manuals. No more digging through file folders and junk drawers to find the information you need.
Know You’re Covered
Should disaster strike, the robust and configurable reporting system gives you the information you need to file a claim and will speed up the process while helping to make sure your claim is fair. No need to try and remember what you have and what it’s worth – it’s all in Home Inventory. Coverage analysis features help you determine if you have the right amount of insurance for your possessions so you don’t find out that you’re under-insured after it’s too late.
Home Organization & Management
Home Inventory helps you cut down on the clutter by providing a single place to store information about your home so it always readily available. Keep notes about repairs and improvements, store receipts for home-related purchases, multiple photos of your homes, and important documents, such as lot surveys and HOA covenants. Home Inventory also keeps basic information about your home, such as the year build, purchase price, etc. And, there is a special section for your home’s assessment history so you can see how its value has changed over time.
Not only are these features available in the Home View, but you can also store notes, photos, receipts, and file attachments for each location (room) in your home. This is great for keeping track of information on improvements and repairs and other important information for specific areas within your home.
Home Inventory’s maintenance scheduling features let you build a schedule for regular maintenance tasks, such as changing air filters. You can even sync your maintenance schedule to Reminders or Calendar.
Keep Your Data Safe
Keeping your inventory on your own computer has a significant advantage over online inventory services: You don’t have to worry about a data breach or anyone using your inventory information for marketing purposes or losing access to your inventory if the company goes out of business or the internet is not available. But what happens if your computer is damaged or stolen? Home Inventory has you covered. Home Inventory can backup your inventory to a cloud synced folder, such as Dropbox or iCloud Drive, or to your iPhone and iPad.
Add items to your inventory while away from your computer with our free helper app, Home Inventory Remote Entry, for the iPhone and iPad. Remote Entry uses your WiFi connection to communicate with Home Inventory while you wander your home and build out your inventory or enter information offline and sync it up later.
Flexible Data Entry
Category-level field layouts and the ability to add your own custom fields let you tailor Home Inventory to suit your needs. Flexible data entry features make it easy to keep your inventory up to date. Add photos and receipts by dragging and dropping them from other apps, using your scanner, or from a file on your computer. You can enter your inventory information using your Mac, your iPhone or iPad using our free Home Inventory Remote Entry app – which also lets you add items by scanning UPC/EAN barcodes, or by importing your data from a CSV file.
Fast and Easy
Creating and maintaining an up-to-date inventory of your belongings can seem like a daunting task. From the Album View to Remote Entry, we are continually updating Home Inventory with new features to make things faster and easier. This trend continues with four of Home Inventory’s newest additions: Home Management, Estate Planning, Home Inventory Inbox and Photo Entry Mode:
Home Inventory offers Continuity Camera support under macOS Mojave. With it, you can use the camera on your iPhone or iPad, running iOS 12, to take photos and scan receipts without the need of another app. Along with Home Inventory Remote Entry, drag and drop, the Album View, Home Inventory Inbox, and others, Home Inventory offers a wide variety of ways to add photos and receipts to your inventory.
Home Inventory offers a host of features to help you organize documents, receipts, and other information related to your home. Store receipts and create notes for home improvements and repairs, store documents, such as lot surveys and contracts, keep track of your assessment history, and build a maintenance schedule.
Home Inventory includes a host of features to help you make sure your possessions are adequately insured. Its robust policy features can handle complex coverage limits, such as category and single item coverage maximums, exclusions, and policy riders.
Home Inventory Inbox acts as a holding area for receipts for items that need to be added to your inventory. Send a receipt to the Inbox from your email app, a web browser, or almost any other application on your Mac without having to open Home Inventory. You can use Home Inventory’s Inbox view to go through them later and quickly add your items.
Home Inventory makes estate planning easier. Create a list of heirs and assign items to each heir using drag and drop or editing an item’s information. You can even select multiple items at once and change the heir for all of them with just a few clicks. Generate a report showing the items each heir should receive and add it to your will as an addendum.
Photo Entry Mode is an alternative way of entering new items through Home Inventory Remote Entry. It skips the full-on item entry form with all of its field and instead uses a simple workflow to add add new items in rapid succession with just a photo and a name. It’s a fast and easy way to build out your initial inventory.
- Store important details about your items including make, model, serial number, price paid, date of purchase, and more.
- Add unlimited photos, receipts, and file attachments to your items through drag and drop, file import, or using a scanner.
- Send receipts to Home Inventory’s Inbox from other apps, without having to open Home Inventory, so you can create items from them later.
- Assign heirs to items in your inventory.
- Add items and photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch with with Home Inventory Remote Entry.
- Multi-page receipts and file attachments can be scanned into a single PDF.
- Add warranty information, including extended warranties.
- Keep dated notes about your items.
- Add photos and notes to locations and collections.
- Create custom, category-level field layouts.
- Create your own custom fields.
- Customize the categories, conditions, locations, and collections in your inventory.
- Built-in currency conversion support.
- Navigate items by location, category, collection, tag, or view all your items in a single list.
- Easily identify the information an item contains through flags in the item list.
- Easily identify items with expired warranties in the item list.
- Sort the items by name, value, or purchase date.
- Get directions from the Maps app to locations in the contact info, address, and purchased from fields in the Items, Home, and Policy views (Mac App Store version only).
- Built-in user guide.
- Each inventory is stored in its own file so you can keep multiple inventories, each with its own base currency and insurance policy information.
- Store your data in a cloud-synced folder such as Dropbox or iCloud Drive so you can access it from any computer (only one computer at a time).
- Import and export of your data to/from CSV files.
- Automatically backup your data to another folder on your Mac, this folder can be a cloud-synced folder such as Dropbox or iCloud Drive.
- Automatically backup to a location in a Dropbox folder that can be pulled down by the Home Inventory Mobile Backup helper app for the iPhone and iPad for viewing on the go.
- Backup and restore to/from Home Inventory Mobile Backup over WiFi.
- The file and backup file can be password protected.
- Create and save your own custom reports.
- Customize the cover sheet, content, sort fields and total fields.
- Save a generated report to a PDF file or print.
- Built-in item reports give you a complete picture of your entire inventory in various formats.
- Built-in coverage analysis report helps you determine where you are over and under-insured.
- Built-in warranty expiration report lets you know which items have expired warranties and which are still covered.
- Built-in moving report provides you an in/out checklist for making sure all your items are moved from one home to another.
- View a timeline of the value of items purchased by Month to see spending trends.
- View a snapshot of your inventory’s value or item count by category, location, collection, tag, condition, and warranty coverage.
- Store policy information for homeowners, renters, health, automobile, and other insurance policies.
- Coverage analysis features flag items not adequately covered by your insurance at the property, category, and item level.
- Sub-categories show additional coverage in your policy such as riders often needed for things like jewelry, or musical instruments.
- Include/exclude categories, locations, collections, tags, or specific items based on policy coverage details.
- Attach your policy documents to the policy for safekeeping and access.
- Run a report to review with your insurance agent to determine proper coverage needs.
- Have all the required details about your property and possessions available to you should you need to file a claim.
- Add notes on home improvements and repairs.
- Store receipts for improvements, repairs, and other home-related items.
- Attach files related to your home, such as lot surveys.
- Keep track of regular home maintenance tasks.
- Maintenance tasks can by synced to the Calendar and/or Reminders apps.
- Keep a history of your property assessments.
- View a timeline of the value of items purchased by Month for spending trends.
- View a snapshot of your inventory’s value or item count by category, location, collection, tag, condition, and warranty coverage.
- Create custom Collections.
- Set a default Category or Location to a Collection.
- Attach Photos to a Collection.
- Collections can be valued from the value given to the collection itself, by the sum of the values of all items in the collection, or a combination of both.
What Others Are Saying
Home Inventory is an award-winning application that has garnered rave reviews from Apple, Technology Experts, Professionals, and most important our customers from all over North America and countries around the world.
Don’t just take our word for it, we’ll let them do the talking!
“I rarely write an email like this, but I wanted to tell you how much I like your Home Inventory product. I’ve been using your product for a few years now and have found it to be everything I want in a home inventory application, and more. I had searched a long while to find a program that met my needs and your product does just that. That’s all I wanted. Just to tell you, nice job.”
-Thomas B., Texas
“Just wanted to thank you both for pulling together an awesome program. I am a diplomat, and always on the move with things all over the world, and your program has made life immeasurably easier when dealing with customs and insurance. Brilliant! “
– Rebekah Princeton, NJ
“…it’s easy to use and great for someone who wants to make an inventory but isn’t sure how to get started.”
– Alan Henry, llifehacker
“You know, HI is one of my most-used apps. Whenever I acquire something worth $25 or more I add it to the database. And when I need to consult a warranty or manual… I know where to look!
In fact, HI is a featured app on my website (list is in alphabetical order).”
– Dave Price, TekBasics
“Love the program. About to move from Adelaide to Brisbane and it is fulfilling all my needs, especially the moving report, and the ease of using Photo Remote on the iPad. I teach seniors how to use computers – all PCs, but there is nothing to compare with this!”
– Geoffrey C.
“I really appreciate the upgrades to your Home Inventory program you’ve made over the years. When Quicken quit supporting theirs for Apple, I tried a couple of others before finding Home Inventory. Yo’ve really built a great product and I am pleased to be able to use it.”
– Bob S.
“I have been a user of Home Inventory for Mac for almost a year and I LOVE the software. The app is so user friendly, sleek, and reporting is a breeze. This is my first home inventory and your app made it so much fun to plan and work on.”
– Lily C. Pembroke Pines, Florida
“I have been using you Home Inventory database for many years and continue to recommend it to lots of people. I have purchased and used many databases designed for specific functions but I always come back the Home Inventory because of it’s great functionality. I have adapted it to things like Gift giving, home improvement, Paints used in the house, auto maintenance, etc.”
– Douglas W.
Try it for Free!
You can download a full, working version of Home Inventory from our website and give it a try for free!
Home Inventory’s user guide is built into the app, but you can also download it from our website.
Become an Affiliate
Earn a commission on the sales of our products referred by your website.
System Requirements: Home Inventory 3 requires a Mac running OS X 10.12 or later.
Prior Versions: If you are an existing Home Inventory customer using an older version of OS X, you can download a prior version of Home Inventory from one of the links below (please note that these versions are no longer available for sale to new customers):
Home Inventory 3.7.6 (macOS 10.10 – 10.11)
Home Inventory 3.5 (OS X 10.7.4 – 10.9)
Home Inventory 3.4 (OS X 10.7.4 – 10.9)
Home Inventory 2.6.4 (OS X 10.5 – OS X 10.6)
Home Inventory 1.8.2 (OS X 10.4 – OS X 10.5)
Copyright 2021 Binary Formations, LLC