Chore-inator Frequently Asked Questions
My children each have their own, separate App Store ids. Do we have to re-purchase Chore-inator under each of their ids in order to use it on their devices?
No. You only need to purchase Chore-inator once in order to install it on all of your family’s iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touches. Just follow these simple steps for each device that uses a different id for App Store purchases:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Tap on iTunes & App Store.
- Tap the Apple Id then select Sign Out from the popup that appears.
- Enter the Apple Id and password you used to purchase Chore-inator and then tap Sign In.
- Go back to the home sreen and launch the App Store app.
- Tap Purchased to show a list of apps that were purchased under the current Apple Id.
- Find Chore-inator in the list and tap the cloud/install button to the right to install Chore-inator.
- Once Chore-inator is installed, you may go back to Settings and sign out with the Apple Id you used to purchase Chore-inator and sign back in with your child’s Apple Id.
NOTE: Apple recently announced that iOS 8 will introduce a new Family Sharing feature which will allow family members to more easily share purchases among different Apple Ids.
Can I use separate Dropbox accounts for each device when syncing Chore-inator?
Chore-inator uses Dropbox’s App-based syncing feature. App-based syncing restricts an app’s access to your Dropbox account so that it can only use a special directory created for that app by Dropbox. This means that Chore-inator does not have access to any data in your Dropbox account other than its own.
While this is great for security, it does mean that a single Dropbox account must be used for syncing Chore-inator. However, this does not preclude you from being signed into a different Dropbox account with the Dropbox app or other apps on your devices. The only requirement is that Chore-inator itself must sync using the same account.
Please visit our Setting Up Dropbox Syncing page for step by step instructions on setting up syncing with Dropbox.
How do I setup syncing in Chore-inator?
Chore-inator uses Dropbox to sync data among multiple devices. Please visit our Setting Up Dropbox Syncing page for step by step instructions on setting up syncing with Dropbox.
Does Chore-inator support iCloud?
Not yet, but we’re looking into it. In the meantime you can sync using Dropbox.