With Home Inventory, storing your inventory data in the cloud is easy! Here’s how:
Your inventory data is stored in a file separate from the Home Inventory application. When first created, you will be prompted to select the folder and file name for your inventory database. If you don’t change the file name or location then the defaults will be used. The default name of your file is My Inventory and is stored in the Documents folder on your computer.
Instead of saving to the Documents folder, you can select a cloud based sync folder on your desktop such as iCloud Drive or Dropbox. Both offer a free account with plenty of storage for your inventory with additional storage available at reasonable rates. Once you enable iCloud Drive or install the Dropbox app, they will sync all your files stored in your local sync folder to your iCloud or Dropbox cloud account.
Home Inventory is designed in such a way that provides all the benefits of cloud based storage:
- Your data is always available to you in the cloud even if your computer crashes or is stolen.
- Your data is accessible from any anywhere.
- Your data is private and only accessible by you. Binary Formations does not have access to your iCloud or Dropbox account and therefore cannot share or sell your data with 3rd parties.
- There is no additional cost specific to Home Inventory.
without the downfalls often associated with web-based applications:
- Vulnerability to data and security breaches.
- Access to and/or selling of your personal data to 3rd party companies.
- Requirement of an internet connection.
- Dependent on availability of website.
- Subscription based pricing required.
Have an idea for a product Quick Tip? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.